Walker Stalker Con - London 2016


Walker Stalker Con was an experience I will never forget. An event for all things dead and if you're a lover of zombies, badass actors and crying at the mere sight of Norman Reedus, then this convention is for you.




The convention was an experience I shall never, ever forget. I have been to a fair few conventions in my time - mainly MCM Comic Con being the main one, and in my own personal experience and opinions, Walker Stalker Con is the best I have ever been to. Yes, I may be biased because my life practically revolves around The Walking Dead, but the atmosphere and just being there was everything to me.

I booked Walker Stalker Con in July 2015, 7 months before the date it was happening and way before any guests were really announced. I was going to fork out £1000 for a platinum VIP pass which gives you everything: 4 free photo ops, 4 free autographs and in general, the best benefits of the day which is something I regret not doing in the first place. I only got a Sunday general admission ticket, but this was enough. The only thing I hated was queueing for hours to meet some (AHEM. Sarah) celebrities; if I had a VIP pass, I would have gotten priority to meet anyone which is pretty darn amazing. With GA, I only managed to meet 3 people including Norman, but some people managed to meet near enough everyone on a two-day GA ticket which is so bloody lucky.

I met Jon Bernthal with my boyfriend - he told Jack that he has to marry me and in our photo, he pointed my fake plastic revolver at my head. It was a dream come true.

We also met Giancarlo Esposito who plays the infamous Gus Fring - meth drug lord - in Breaking Bad. This was an experience because I did not expect him to be so nice! He complimented my vintage cowboy gun holster and our photos with him are so incredibly cute. It's strange seeing these people out of character, but it reminds you they are real people and not just pixels on a screen.

Jack was lucky to meet Sarah Wayne Callies - Sara Tancredi from Prison Break and Lori Grimes from The Walking dead; we were going to meet her just after Jon but she went off to do her photo ops and didn't return for some time so I was pretty sad not to meet her, but I was meeting Norman while Jack met her so I guess we were equal. Apparently she was lovely, and seeing her in real life was a dream - she is undoubtedly one of the most stunning women I have ever seen, she is so effortlessly beautiful and incredibly sweet. 

Meeting Norman Reedus was an experience I'll never forget. He was the sweetest most cuddly person on the planet and I will cherish it forever. The first photo I got with him I was super nervous to the point I didn't know what to say. He was so welcoming and he said "hey, sweetheart" and gave me a massive cuddle. Of course, at this point I was melting internally. He said I was adorable after our photo and I couldn't quite comprehend that I had just met THE Norman Reedus - Daryl fucking Dixon. I instantly dashed round to het my next photo with him because I had two time slots after another and I was more ready this time.

I wrote a small letter for him the night before, just to basically say thank you for being the amazing person he is. I had to give him it this time around as I was too starstruck and instantly forgot about it the first time. I was planning in my head what to say and I pretty much had it ready. When I got in the room ready to get my photo, he saw me and said "you're back! You're so adorable" - of course I didn't expect him to remember me but he did and it honestly made my day. I asked if I could give him the letter and he said "of course! What is it?" I just told him it was a letter to thank him and he said I was the 'sweetest person'. I was so happy in that moment in time, absolutely in my element. I have waited to meet him for years; I've admired him since I first watched The Boondock Saints. I adore him in more ways than a person cares to admire someone they aren't on a personal level with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triangl Australia: Bikini Collection

MAC x Maleficent

What Travelling To Japan Has Taught Me