Harajuku Girl
Back to Japan, and being a Harajuku Girl for the day. Although the mythical Harajuku Girl doesn’t actually exist, we all know the lyrics to ‘Rich Girl’ by Gwen Stefani, where she sings in her best voice about the hoods of Japan and Harajuku Girls; it was the sassy song of our childhoods and will always be a classic. The idea of the ‘Harajuku Girl’ always attracted me to visiting Harajuku as it’s the place where you can see many of the different style sub-cultures Tokyo has to offer. I had a lovely stroll around the streets and shopped a little bit after visiting Meiji Shrine.
The idea of going back to Japan is ever-appealing each dyad the day I do could not come quick enough. I love Harajuku, it’s such a breath of fresh air walking through the small side-streets and seeing beautiful men and women in crazy fashion. Nostalgia is kicking in. I hope one day, those of you who haven’t yet visited Japan, get to go and experience the real beauty that is Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. You deserve to experience it like I did.








Comments
Post a Comment