Venturing Into Akihabara
Akihabara for me was essentially the ‘gaming district’ of Tokyo; it was filled with walk-in gaming arcades but amongst all that was the most wonderful and crazy cosplay outfits you could ever imagine. It was like going to an all day, outside ComiCon and it was my absolute paradise. Here is a compilation of photos I took from what I can say is the most crazy, colourful and wonderful place in Tokyo. Akihabara is also home to the elusive Maid Cafe… I guess you could say I had a fantastic time.
he SEGA gaming arcade was so much fun; it’s incredible what differences Japan has to the UK. I much prefer Japan in the sense it has such a huge gaming culture.
One of my favourite things about Tokyo is all the vibrant colours you see pretty much everywhere; it just seems like such a colourful and happy place and being there surrounded by colour and amazing people made it feel like where I want to call home.
Akihabara was one of my favourite places in Tokyo, but saying that, I will end up saying that about every place I visited. You should keep track of how many times I end up saying that in my next few posts dedicated to Japan… whoops.
I had a lot of fun in Akihabara as I managed to fulfil one of my biggest wishes and must-do things for going to Tokyo and that was visiting a Maid Cafe. Basically, if you like cute girls in cosplay or any adorable outfit of that kind then a Maid Cafe is for you; you get to choose hot food or ice-cream and get a small souvenir along with a Polaroid photo with one of the maids, which I still have and will keep for a lifetime.











Comments
Post a Comment