Paradise Island


I’m home from two wonderful weeks in the Dominican Republic. We had the most fantastic time and it was great to just relax in our all-inclusive resort with nearing 100 degree temperatures daily. Now that I’m back home in Glasgow, I can’t help but reminisce on my time in the Caribbean since I miss it dearly.



During our stay, we booked excursions. Before we went to the Dominican Republic, our plan was Paradise Island since it’s an island literally just off Haiti and it was in the middle of the sea; barbecue on white sandy beaches and the clearest sea you’d ever see. Plus, how sweet is that?! Speedboating to a tiny island to spend time with loved ones? Perfect. We ended up deciding against this at first and booked to do jumping off beautiful natural waterfalls up a mountain into private blue lagoons, zip-lining through the rainforest and horseback riding at sunset; but my asthma and worries of death got the better of me, so we cancelled and booked our little island getaway. I managed to take a fair amount of photos since I got over my fear of fish (stupid, right?) and snorkelled in the open sea.








And that, is literal Paradise Island. If you ever go to the Dominican Republic (Puerto Plata area) you HAVE to go to Paradise Island and experience the day there and exploring the natural mangroves after you’ve been. It was the most perfect day of my life and the best day I have ever lived thus far. Seeing the world and its natural beauty like that makes you truly appreciate the planet we live on; the coral reef and tropical fish were once in a lifetime experiences that I long to live again at some point in my life. I couldn’t recommend this place enough, and if you’re going with the person you love, do it. I read stories of people getting engaged on that island which just sounds like a total dream come true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triangl Australia: Bikini Collection

MAC x Maleficent

What Travelling To Japan Has Taught Me